The energy business is capital intensive with very long investment horizons, and yet it is being forced into a series of swift and radical transformations. Fueled by a mixture of regulatory changes and technological advances, such as renewable generation, storage, electric mobility and on-going ICT innovations, these transformations have leaders in both industry and politics, who are looking for answers.The objective of this course is to prepare you to navigate and shape the energy landscape of the future. Please note: the programme is taught in German.
Day 1 – Essentials of Energy
- Energy and civilisation
- Energy in the 21st century – how will mankind develop?
- Economics of energy from renewable sources
- The Smart Energy Challenge
Day 2 – Energy Digitalisation & Data Analytics
- Digital transformation of energy landscape
- Sensors & Data
- Big Data & machine Learnings
- Power TAC Simulation
Day 3 – The Future of the Energy Landscape
- Stories of the future – scenario based strategies
- Energy scenarios 2030 and critical energy junctures
- Innovation in energy – disruptive?
- Strategic ambidexterity and innovation management
- Understand the essentials of energy, digitalisation and data analytics.
- Learn the most important fundamentals regarding today’s energy landscape.
- Be able to assess the impact of digitalisation on the modern energy sector.
- Learn about future developments and the influence of innovation in the energy landscape.
„Decarbonisation, security of supply, affordability - this energy sector’s trilemma has to be extended with the dimension of digitisation. Innovation through digitisation is already revolutionising the energy sector transforming it in all parts of its value chain. Now is the time to shape the future of energy and be part of that journey.“
Volker Beckers, Chairman und Portfolio non-Executive Director; former Group CEO RWE Npower plc.
Download the brochure now
Register now for the open programme!
Download the registration form here.
- Understand energy essentials and how to contextualise them within the current energy transition.
- Uncover major challenges for stakeholders in the future energy business.
- Shed light on future energy scenarios.
- Learn how to answer fundamental business questions within the future energy landscape.
- Develop a strategic vision of the future energy business.
- Work on interactive simulations and case studies.
- Investigate different opinions and perspectives of energy-related stakeholders.
- Get insights from renowned faculty and engaged experts.
- Intensive working atmosphere: project discussions, networking and exchange of knowledge and experiences.
Employees and managers in the energy sector and other industries that are affected by new developments in the energy industry.
Prof. Dr Wolfgang Ketter
Chaired Professor for Information Systems at the University of Cologne and the Rotterdam School of Management
Prof. Ketter is Chaired Professor of Information Systems at the University of Cologne (since 2017) as well as at the Rotterdam School of Management at Erasmus University in Rotterdam (since 2007), where he founded and still mangages the Erasmus Center for Future Energy Business. He also serves as the Director of the Institute of Energy Economics at the University of Cologne (EWI) and of the Cologne Institute for Business Informatics. His main research interests are Big Data Analytics, Computer Science and Management Science, Energy Economics and Policy, Information Systems (IS), Machine Learning and Sustainability. Prof. Ketter served as a general chair or program chair of various international conferences and workshops. He also works as an editor for top journals. In addition he is a member of the World Economic Forum and co-founder as well as director of Power TAC (www.powertac.org), the world’s largest open-source smart grid platform. With the help of this platform, a world championship in energy retailing is held every year.