In this module, you will learn about the importance of quality and process management and gain insight into the success factors of goal-oriented implementation. You can apply concepts of operative management and process management profitably within the scope of your activities. Thus, they contribute to actively meeting the challenges of everyday hospital life.
- Dimensions of risk management
- Methods and strategies of holistic quality management (Total Quality Management (TQM) approach)
- Analysis and optimisation of critical hospital processes
- Resource management in orderto identify potentials for optimisation
- Capacity planning
- Personnel requirement calculation and operations management
- Getting to know selected certification models and being able to evaluate them in terms of their usefulness
- Learning how control processes in hospitals can be effectively improved
- Learning the instruments of and methods for effective organisation of a hospital’s daily life
"With the Healthcare Management Certificate Programme of the Business School of the University of Cologne, physicians acquire the management knowledge and leadership skills needed to master the challenges in hospital management competently and confidently."
Prof. Dr Ludwig Kuntz, Managing Director, Seminar for ABWL und Healthcare Management
Download the brochure now
Register now for the open programme!
Download the registration form here.
- Learning effective instruments of risk and quality management
- Application of decision-supporting instruments in the context of process management
- Reference to everyday working life in the healthcare sector through applied examples
- Insight into process management in everyday hospital life through real-life case studies, which enable a direct implementation of the learned methods and concepts
- Getting to know the possibilities of modern resource management using the example of surgery planning
This module is tailored to facilitate doctors in hospitals, clinics and other health organisations, who take on management tasks. It is also aimed at registered doctors and medical associations, who wish to improve their practice management.
Prof. Dr Michael Wittland
Professor of Healthcare Management, University of Hanover
After having taught at the University of Cologne, Prof. Dr Wittland holds a chair in Healthcare Management at the University of Hanover. He previously gained professional management experience at the Diakonie, including the management of a non-profit geriatric care company. Furthermore, he is a member of the working group "Economics in healthcare" of the Schmalenbach- Society for Business Administration e.V.