In this module, you will learn about the importance of personnel management and leadership for the success of teams, departments and organisations in the healthcare system. You will gain insight into the challenges involved in managing and leading personnel and gain the required knowledge of how to deal with them. You will apply the concepts and approaches you have learned by working on case studies and in role plays.
- Optimal integration of employees and managers into the achievement of the organisational objectives
- Significance of objectives for work management and their successful design
- Different leadership styles and their effects in different situations
- The emergence and handling of conflicts in organisations
- Challenges of further development and change in health organisations
- Understanding what is critical for the motivation and satisfaction of healthcare professionals
- Learning what constitutes a successful target agreement and which aspects need to be considered when assessing employees
- Learning effective communication and solution-oriented handling of conflicts appropriate to leading positions
- Understanding the challenges of change and problems in achieving its objectives
- Learning how situations of change in health organisations can be analysed and successfully managed
„The programme deals with the exact business topics that I need for my career as a doctor at a university hospital. Each of the subjects is taught at a high level, which contributes to a very good learning atmosphere. I can say with conviction that the management content has helped me on with the hospital operations and that my research projects have profited greatly from the accompanying subjects.“
MD Susanne Hopf, oculist, ophthalmic clinic Mainz
Download the brochure now
Register now for the open programme!
Download the registration form here.
- Practical teaching of concepts, methods and techniques of leadership and personnel management
- Applied examples from health organisations
- Application of the mediated contents in case study processing and role plays
This module is tailored to facilitate doctors in hospitals, clinics and other health organisations, who take on management tasks. It is also aimed at registered doctors and medical associations, who wish to improve their practice management.
Prof. Dr Thorsten Semrau
Professor of Management, University of Trier
Prof. Dr Semrau studied business administration and psychology, was a junior professor at the University of Cologne and worked for several years as a lecturer at Fresenius University and at the Center for Doctoral Studies, University of Mannheim. He has many years of consulting experience in the fields of human resources, organisation and corporate development. His current research focuses on organisational design and behavior in organisations.