Even for non-financial managers, fundamental knowledge of accounting and finance is essential. Many entrepreneurial decisions are closely linked to finance: what financing options are there and what degree of impact do they have on corporate success? How are new projects, e.g. the development of new products or markets, evaluated? What are the effects of company decisions, such as marketing campaigns, on the creditworthiness of companies?
This module gives you an introduction to the world of finance. You will acquire well-founded knowledge of the most common concepts and tools. During the two-day, practice-oriented course, you will get to know, among other things, accounting concepts and learn how to apply those in trade-off decisions, in performance management, corporate development and business as well as project valuation. Please note: the programme is taught in German.
- Concepts of accounting
- Ability to understand and read annual reports
- Cost analysis and profit planning
- Investment analysis
- Introduction to the concepts and terminology of business valutation
- Types of corporate finance
- Mergers and acquisition
- Financing of Start-Ups
- Get to know the essential concepts and terms of accounting and finance
- To gain an understanding of finance’s impact on corporate success
- Analysis and interpretation of annual reports
- Understand the interdependence between financial decisions and other business decisions, such as marketing strategies
"To manage finances – that is an essential aspect of economical success. On the one hand economic activity requires capital and on the other hand it is always accompanied by financial goals and consequences. Who wants to lead successfully, must understand markets, mortise investments and precisely calculate financial risks. Leadership strength is a result of profound knowledge, confident presentation and creativity."
Prof. Dr Monika Gehde-Trapp, Director at the chair of risk management and research dean, University Hohenheim
Download the brochure now
Register now for the open programme!
Download the registration form here.
Benefit from our exclusive Launch Discount of 15%!
- Learn how to make assessment decision from a financial perspective.
- Know how to evaluate your financial performance and key data of your company.
- Use your newly aquired practical skills to interpret and estimate financial data.
Prof. Dr Daniel Metzger
Professor for Corporate Governance and Corporate Finance, Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University
Daniel Metzger (Ph.D.) is a member of the European Corporate Governance Institute (ECGI) and Financial Markets Group (FMG) at London School of Economics. His research interests are in the confluence of labor economics and corporate finance, entrepreneurship and corporate governance. He is also interested in organisational economics. His work has been published in leading journals such as the Review of Financial Studies, the Journal of Financial Economics or the Review of Finance. Before joining RSM, Daniel was an associate Professor at Stockholm School of Economics. Among others, he taught courses on Corporate Finance, Entrepreneurial Finance and Venture Capital, FinTech, and Mergers and Acquisitions at RSM, Stockholm School of Economics and HEC Paris.