Digitisation is a topic of the 21st century in every aspect of our lives, including medicine. In this module, you will learn how to differentiate the areas where information technology can be applied and how to correctly assess and use the potential of information technology in the healthcare sector (big data analytics, mHealth, information privacy). Furthermore, you will gain insight into its potential for healthcare organisations.
- The most important information systems in healthcare
- Opportunities for the cross-institutional electronic exchange of medical data and their information security and privacy
- Challenges of digital transformation in healthcare
- Application of IT in healthcare: Big Data Analytics, Precision Medicine through information technology and tele- and internet medicine
- Special features of the German IT landscape in healthcare organisations
- Common hospital information systems (KIS, PACS, RIS etc.)
- Overview of currently available mHealth Apps and innovative patient-centered eHealth applications
- Patient benefits through Consumer Health Informatics
- Understand the possibilities of modern information management in healthcare
- Getting to know practical problem solutions using IT in the context of digital transformation in the healthcare sector
- Learning how internal and external IT services can be combined in order to face the challenges of hospital IT
- Learning to assess the potential of new technologies and acquire the knowledge to use them properly
- Getting to know the latest opportunities in the field of Consumer Health Informatics
„The scarcity of resources and leadership tasks are ubiquitous in everyday professional practice of established physicians. The Healthcare Certificate Pogramme combines compact and well-founded learning units with many practical examples and case studies. The program provides excellent solution-oriented preparation for the leadership and management responsibilities that general practitioners have to face.“
MD Enrika Bartels, MVZ – Institute for clinic genetics and tumor genetics
Download the brochure now
Register now for the open programme!
Download the registration form here.
- Understanding digitisation as a management task of health organisations
- Insight into the control of hospital IT and digital medicine’s potential
- Knowledge of innovation models for patient-centered medical applications (mHealth, Precision Medicine, Ambient Assisted Living)
Preparation for coping with future challenges in the field of hospital IT and effective patient care.
This module is tailored to facilitate doctors in hospitals, clinics and other health organisations, who take on management tasks. It is also aimed at registered doctors and medical associations, who wish to improve their practice management.
Prof. Dr Ali Sunyaev
Professor of Applied Computer Science, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Prof. Dr Sunyaev has taught at the University of Cologne, the Technical University of Munich and the University of Kassel. In addition, he was visiting professor at the Intelligent Health Lab at the Harvard-MIT Division for Health Sciences and Technology. In his research, he deals with the design, implementation, evaluation and management of information systems with a strong focus on user orientation and information privacy, as well as the application area healthcare.