In this module, you will learn how a digitalisation strategy can be effectively implemented in operations and supply chain processes. This learning will draw from a framework that links market positioning with operational capabilities, ensuring that performance objectives are cascaded into and reinforced by operational configurations. You will also develop skills for leading digitalisation initiatives in operational contexts.
- Effectiveness of digital strategy implementations in operations and supply chains: coherence, correspondence and consistency of “Industry 4.0” implementations.
- Linking digital strategy to shopfloor operations and employees.
- Top-down approach on strategy implementation.
- Bottom-up approach on digitalisation strategy and “Industry 4.0” formation and implementation.
- Leading innovative projects that are uncertain and ambiguous.
- Mindset differences embedded in innovative digitalisation initiatives and operational processes as well as implications for their simultaneous management.
- Learn to characterise the effectiveness of digital strategy implementations in operations and supply chains.
- Gain skills to understand whether (or not) implementations can provide firms with a competitive edge.
- Develop skills on the process of operations strategy formation and implementation.
- Learn when you should use a top-down or a bottom-up approach (or both) on strategy implementation.
- Learn which techniques are linked to radical and incremental innovation contexts with different levels of uncertainty and ambiguity.
"The way we communicate, learn and interact with each other has been affected by the advent of new technologies. The programme provided me with an eye-opening perspective on the impact of modern technologies in our day-to-day life and how businesses are embracing digital transformation initiatives, improving their customer digital journeys and shifting their focus towards industry 4.0.“
Americo Mazzotta, Director of Professional Services at a Global Cloud Computing Company
Download the brochure now
Register now for the open programme!
Download the registration form here.
- Learn the characteristics of effective “Industry 4.0” implementations.
- Understand how to use digital technologies in order to innovate operations and supply chains.
- Explore how you can implement digital innovations in operations and supply chains .
- Evaluate cases of “Industry 4.0” implementations by using the unifying Operations Strategy Matrix framework.
- Cross-case comparisons to understand the differences between top-down and bottom-up approaches on strategy formation and implementation.
Tailored to suit management teams in organisations faced with digital technology challenges and with a desire and capacity for tackling these challenges. Suitable participants include, but are not limited to, team leaders, project managers and managers of business units in large organisations, or directors and executive staff in small to medium sized companies.
Prof. Dr Fabian Sting
Professor of Supply Chain Management, Strategy and Innovation at the University of Cologne and at Erasmus University Rotterdam, Rotterdam School of Management
Prof. Sting’s research and teaching interests are in Operations and Technology Strategy. He studies and teaches effective implementations of strategy and innovation in projects and processes. His practice-driven research was published in leading academic and managerial journals such as
Harvard Business Review and MIT Sloan Management Review.