In this module, you will learn to develop innovation capabilities in your teams and workforce in a systematic, reproducible and consistent way. Building on approaches such as Lean and Design Thinking, the course addresses four different thinking styles around creative ideas and presents a holistic method for considering technological opportunities, organisational problems and strategic imperatives. You will learn a procedure model for creating, testing, implementing and exploiting digital innovations, growing your organisational ability to turn innovative ideas into measurable business results.
- Understanding innovation, analysis and decision latency.
- Improving the reaction to problems and opportunities in the digital world for yourself and your team.
- Different approaches to innovation and a systematic approach to creating innovative ideas.
- Reflection on current organisational problems.
- Learning from other innovation domains and practices.
- Utilisation of hidden assets and digital resources and appreciation of novel strategic opportunities.
- Design-led innovation.
- Turning innovation into action: managing the entire innovation process end-to-end.
- Learn how you can speed up your ability to react to problems and opportunities in the digital world, how to instil motivation and courage into your teams and how to enhance their abilities.
- Develop the skills and confidence in different approaches to innovation.
- Learn to create innovative ideas in a reliable and consistent manner.
- Learn how to manage the entire innovation process from creating innovative ideas to exploiting and managing running innovations.
”There is no branch which is not affected by digital transformation. This programme focuses on digitalisation from many different angles. It broadened my understanding of why digitalisation matters in today‘s society and provided me with a valuable insightas to what digital disruption looks like in a real business setting.”
Anne Käufer, Head of Legal Proceedings at a German Energy Company
Download the brochure now
Register now for the open programme!
Download the registration form here.
- Learn how to develop innovation courage in your workgroups and teams.
- Identify how quality and consistency of creativity workshops can be increased.
- Examine how innovative ideas can be turned into results.
- Blending classroom learning with real-life case studies as well as readings and videos to understand different approaches to innovation.
- Using both theory and case studies as learning tools to increase your confidence of turning innovative ideas into measurable business success.
Tailored to suit managers and management teams in organisations faced with digital technology challenges and with a desire and capacity for tackling these challenges. Suitable participants include, but are not limited to, team leaders, project managers and managers of business units in large organisations, or directors and executive staff in small to medium sized companies.
Prof. Dr Jan Recker
Chaired Professor for Information Systems and Systems Development at the University of Cologne
Prof. Recker is the most accomplished business and management researcher under 40 years of age according to a ranking by the magazine Wirtschaftswoche (01/2019). He is Alexander-von-Humboldt Fellow, Chaired Professor for Information Systems and Systems Development at the University of Cologne and Adjunct Professor at the QUT Business School in Brisbane, Australia. In 2018 he was also made the youngest ever AIS (Association for Information Systems) Fellow. His research and teaching covers issues in design and processes surrounding digital innovation, digital transformation and sustainability in a digital world. He is one of the most published information systems academics of all time.