In this module you will learn about the clash between existing and digitally enhanced business models, emphasising platforms and ecosystems. You
will gain knowledge on how to treat and exploit “information” as the core resource of modern value creation and understand the economic and technological key trends that are at the heart of the digital transformation. You will also learn what “Data-Centricity” means for today’s companies, which role data plays for innovating business models and the fundamental difference of digital products and services compared to “traditional” physical goods. You will develop an agenda for how to meet challenges of digital innovation and how Business Model Innovation and business patterns can help firms transform themselves.
- Digital Business and the changing of the business world through Information Technology.
- Real-world examples for potentially disruptive innovations and business models.
- Recent developments in business models, including value proposition and data-based service provision.
- Business Patterns as a tool for digital business model innovation.
- The Internet of Things and selected technology streams as emerging patterns of doing business.
- The impact of modern IT on business models and industries.
- Issues a traditional company may be confronted with along the journey of digital transformation.
- Learn how prominent companies prepare themselves for becoming a “digital business”.
- Deploy Business Patterns in order to systematically derive variants of your business model.
- Learn how your business model is or likely will be affected affected by modern IT.
„This is a very inspiring course. The professor has many years of experience in leading innovation projects in the real business world. This makes this course very useful for my daily business. Suddenly the word “innovation” doesn’t sound very far away and abstract anymore. Innovation is actually everywhere!“
Fan Hui, Controller at a German Electro-technology Company
Download the brochure now
Register now for the open programme!
Download the registration form here.
- Identify your current business model and explore which approaches and tools to deploy in order to systematically innovate your business model.
- Examine how business patterns help you radically transform your business model.
- Understand what data based Business Model Innovation means for your business.
- Analysis of real-word companies and innovation activities of well-known digital players in addition to more recent start-up initiatives.
- Analysis of your own business model in form of case work.
- In-class team exercises that combine all elements of this course.
Tailored to suit management teams in organisations faced with digital technology challenges and with a desire and capacity for tackling these challenges. Suitable participants include, but are not limited to, team leaders, project managers and managers of business units in large organisations, or directors and executive staff in small to medium sized companies.
Prof. Dr Detlef Schoder
Professor for Information Systems and Information Management at the University of Cologne
Prof. Schoder focuses on data-centric product, process and business model innovations. For the application of Artificial Intelligence, he and his partner companies won several awards including the IATA Innovation Award 2016 and the German Innovation Prize (Finalist). He also won the “Innovation Award” by the German Gesellschaft für Informatik (GI) for individualised media. Considered the leading introductory book on “Information Systems”, he received the VHB Text Book Award 2017. Detelf Schoder has worked in Germany, USA, Republic of Kazakhstan and Japan.