In this course, you will learn how to use the basic principles of communication and conversation to communicate effectively with staff and colleagues. You will understand the reasons for misunderstandings and how to avoid them. As a manager, you will learn how to analyse appraisal interviews and conflicts and how to deal with the latter. The course content is illustrated by case studies and applied in role-plays.
- The fundamental principles of communication and conversation
- Performance reviews as a feedback tool and management instrument
- Causes and dynamics of conflicts and solution strategies
- Moderation and mediation of group communication
- You understand the pitfalls of human communication and how to avoid them.
- You will gain knowledge of the success factors in conversations with employees and colleagues.
- You will be able to identify the causes and dynamics of conflicts, in order to develop and implement solution strategies.
- You can host group interactions and mediate between different parties.
Download the brochure now
Register now for the open programme!
Download the registration form here.
- Vivid communication of practice-relevant principles and concepts
- Case studies from health organisations
- Application of the concepts in role plays and case studies
Prof. Dr Thorsten Semrau
Professor of Management, University of Trier
Prof. Dr Semrau studied business administration and psychology, was a junior professor at the University of Cologne and worked for several years as a lecturer at Fresenius University and at the Center for Doctoral Studies, University of Mannheim. He has many years of consulting experience in the fields of human resources, organisation and corporate development. His current research focuses on organisational design and behavior in organisations.