In this module, you will learn methods with which you can create an innovation-ready organisational structure, with processes and rules designed to foster creativity, experimentation, responsibility and ambition to innovate. Using real-life case studies and the latest organisational theories such as Agile Project Management and Lean Start-Ups, you will learn to understand the benefits and disadvantages of organising, agile project management and flexible teams to support innovation.
- Cost-versus revenue-resilient organisations and building a digitally transformed organisation.
- Value-loss due to slow reactions to innovation problems or digital opportunities.
- Reducing innovation latency with control and improvement of data, analysis and implementation latency of digital innovation.
- An innovation-ready working environment by protecting and nurturing your innovation teams.
- Essential concepts of agile management and lean organising.
- Learn how to build the digitally transformed organisation that can participate in and facilitate a digital life of their employees and customers.
- Develop an ability to measure value-loss due to not reacting quickly enough to innovation problems or digital opportunities.
- Learn to differentiate problem from opportunity-driven innovations and to develop organisation forms to respond to both.
- Learn how to create systematic as well as flexible team structures to provide an innovation-ready working environment.
- Employ the most beneficial ideas from agile management and lean organising to create the best structural mix for not only reliable but also successful innovation teams.
”This unique programme allowed me to enhance my skillset by providing me with the tools and knowledge necessary to convert data into strategy and recognise new and evolving digital trends. This enabled me to successfully support my organisation in order for us to be ahead of the digital evolution.“
Borja Martínez Pérez, Asset Integrity & Risk Engineer at a Pipline Integrity Solutions
Download the brochure now
Register now for the open programme!
Download the registration form here.
- Learn how to use the lean start-up method.
- Understand how you can make your organisation more entrepreneurial and agile.
- Identify the best structure to support innovation teams.
- Understand the differences between cost- and revenue-resilient organisations.
- In each module an experienced technology expert will present the latest developments in important digital technologies (e.g. Internet of Things, Machine Learning, Blockchain).
- Additionally, real-life case studies are used to understand the benefits and disadvantages of organising, agile project management and flexible teams.
Tailored to suit management teams in organisations faced with digital technology challenges and with a desire and capacity for tackling these challenges. Suitable participants include, but are not limited to, team leaders, project managers and managers of business units in large organisations, or directors and executive staff in small to medium sized companies.
Prof. Dr Jan Recker
Chaired Professor for Information Systems and Systems Development at the University of Cologne
Prof. Recker is the most accomplished business and management researcher under 40 years of age according to a ranking by the magazine Wirtschaftswoche (01/2019). He is Alexander-von-Humboldt Fellow, Chaired Professor for Information Systems and Systems Development at the University of Cologne and Adjunct Professor at the QUT Business School in Brisbane, Australia. In 2018 he was also made the youngest ever AIS (Association for Information Systems) Fellow. His research and teaching covers issues in design and processes surrounding digital innovation, digital transformation and sustainability in a digital world. He is one of the most published information systems academics of all time.