The Healthcare Management Certificate Programme is designed to prepare medical professionals for the challenges of a hospital career. In addition to medical expertise, they must also have management skills to meet the economic requirements – also as a leader. The goal of the Healthcare Management Certificate Programme is to provide a better understanding of the framework conditions within a hospital, the economic consequences of decisions and the importance of corporate strategies.
The Healthcare Management Programme consists of six modules and a final project in which candidates analyse and solve real-life challenges. They are supported by experts of the healthcare management sector.
Successful participants will receive a certificate of the University of Cologne Executive School.
Download the Healthcare brochure now
Register now for the Healthcare Management programme!
Download the registration form here.
- You will be able to apply the essential rules of strategic and hospital management in complex demanding healthcare enviroments
- You will learn how to use risk and quality tools effectively and how to make use of decision support tools.
- You will gain an understanding of the financial workflows and the role of actuary in a healthcare environment. In addition to this, you will learn about the complexity of interactions of different stakeholders within the business.
- You will learn about controlling and incentives within the healthcare system environment and how to influence these factors.
- You will learn the basic leadership skills required for doctors in the healthcare environment. These include problem assessment and solving in the healthcare sector and effective communication to motivate and lead your colleagues
The Healthcare Management Certificate Programme has been tailored to facilitate medical practitioners and doctors who work in a hospital or in any other healthcare organisation. They should have already taken over management tasks.
Prof. Dr Ludwig Kuntz
Managing Director of the Seminar for Management in Healthcare, University of Cologne
Prof. Dr Kuntz is Professor of Business Administration at the University of Cologne and Research Fellow of the Judge Business School at the University of Cambridge. He is Head of the Schmalenbach Society’s working group "Economics in Healthcare". His research focuses on strategy, controlling, and management of healthcare organisations. He was Head of Controlling at the University Hospital Hamburg and responsible for information management at the University hospital Mainz.