Corporate strategies determine the purpose and aim of a company. They also build the foundation for the success of an organisation through its products and services. Therefore, it is of great importance to ensure that all employees are familiar with the company’s corporate strategies, in order to implement them accordingly. This module provides you with relevant insights and practical oriented methods that will allow you to have a significant impact on your company.
- The development of a corporate strategies and the formulation of comprehensible guidelines.
- The different phases of strategy implementation.
- Case study “Store 24”.
- Definition of a corporate mission: how do I as a company proceed to achieve my main goal?
- Formulation of company aims: what do I want my company to stand for in the future and what impact does this attitute have on the general developments in society?
- Value-based management: besides traditional goals (turnover/profit), how do I additionally take the interests of all stakeholder into consideration?
- You will learn to identify central aspects of strategy formulation.
- Get to know relevants tools for the successful implementation of a corporate strategy.
- Learn, how to analyse strategic success.
"Leadership is so much more than just management. It is about formulating a clear corporate vision and strategy, in order to achieve set goals. Leadership means to clearly pass on this vision to your employees and motivating everyone in the team to engage in the implementation of the corporate strategy. The programme will support you in developing these core competencies."
Mohamed Lafkiri, Regional Finance Manager, Boston Scientific Medical Technology GmbH
Download the General Management brochure now
- Gain an understanding on how corporate strategies are defined.
- Reflect the strategies of your own area.
- Learn, how to precisely implement strategies.
- Find out how to identify drivers of success.
- Learn about methods of systematic strategy evaluation.
Prof. Dr Mark Ebers
Professor for general business administration, corporate development and organisation, University of Cologne
Since 2004 Prof Ebers has been the chair for general business administration, corporate development and organisation at the University of Cologne. 1993 he qualified as a professor at the University Mannheim. From 1994 to 2004 Ebers was holding the chair for business administration with focus on management and organisation at the University Augsburg. During this period, he was appointed by several European institutions. Additionally, he functioned as visiting professor at several universities in Europe and North America, including the Harvard Business School (2002).