Entrepreneurship comprises of proactive, innovative and risk-taking action during uncertainty. In this course you will gain a detailed understanding of how entrepreneurial thinking and acting can help to efficiently refine an existing business, while responding to new and unpredictable challenges and opportunities. This course teaches methods and concepts that help you to act like an entrepreneur and actively take part – from idea generation to prototyping and market testing.
- Concepts, theories and methods of Start-up Entrepreneurship, Intrapreneurship and Corporate Entrepreneurship
- Social Entrepreneurship: How can I, as an entrepreneur, contribute to a positive change in society
- Entrepreneurial Networks: The relevance of networks for the realisation of entrepreneurial projects
- Business Planning
Learning Objectives and Benefits
- Learn how today's changes present new challenges and opportunities for Start-Ups and existing companies.
- Gain a detailed understanding of corporate entrepreneurship and start-up entrepreneurship.
- Learn how to systematically use tools and concepts to implement new ideas in a customer-centric way.
- Learn how prototyping facilitates market entry and makes it more successful.
- Understand under what circumstances a business plan is helpful.
- Recognise the scope and potential of entrepreneurship – from Start-Ups to established companies.
Download the brochure now
Prof. Dr Christian Schwens
Prof. Schwens serves as the scientific director of the board of directors of the Excellence-Start-up Center (ESC) GATEWAY – the business incubator of the University of Cologne. His work focuses on interdisciplinary management, start-up entrepreneurship, corporate entrepreneurship and international entrepreneurship.